Naughton Trail Centre
The trails are located in the Naughton Trail Centre off Regional Road 55 in Naughton, which is in the west end of the City of Greater Sudbury. The terrain is rolling to moderately hilly, with numerous rock outcrops, typical of the Precambrian Shield found across Northern Ontario. The trails are cut to take advantage these features.
The 12 km of single track trails are maintained by the WMBC. They are open in early June once they dry out and close Oct 15th. Some of the lower trails hold the moisture, so wait one day after a heavy rain. The rock, roots and bridge sections can be slippery during a rain, so this is another time to avoid using the trails.
Trails maps can be found in our downloads section.
If you are new to our trail system and don't know where to start, do not despair. We have six loops to ride that have been rated for difficulty and are marked with arrows for you to follow. Click on the links below to get the maps for the loops.
- Nice & Easy - Pink - Easiest - 3 km & 19 m of elevation climb
- It uses the lower ski trails and is the easiest loop
- First Steps - Green - Easy - 4 km & 20 m of elevation climb
- An great loop to use as an introduction to trail riding or just for a good crank session
- Dialed In - Blue - More Difficult - 6 km & 57 m of elevation climb
- This takes the green loop and adds in some short technical climbs and descents
- Short'n Sweet - Orange - Extremely Difficult - 4 km & 81 m of elevation climb
- Great if you only have 45 minutes and are ready for some great technical climbs and descents
- Kitchen Sink - Red - Extremely Difficult - 12 km & 234 m of elevation climb
- Pack a second pair of lungs and string all our trails together for 90 to 120 minute ride. Start on the lower section as a worm-up and then head for the hills.
- Second Lap - Yellow - Extremely Difficult - 4 km & 103 m of elevation climb
- Still have gas in the tank and 30 minutes to burn? Do the Full Monty. Add this loop as a second lap. It starts near the end of the Kitchen Sink loop on Misouri-Guerin and makes for an epic 16 km ride.
How to get to our trails: Google map of 1 Denis Avenue Naughton, ON P0M, CA