Intermediate Skills Clinics - 2017
Last Updated on Saturday, 15 April 2017 16:17
WMBC is offering two half-day Intermediate Skills Clinics. If you have been riding trails for year or two, we have volunteer instructors who will help you to up your game and gain new confidence. The Outside Store is offering sessions on basic bike maintenance. It is open to adults and teens 15 and up.
Dates: Saturday, July 8, 2017 & Saturday, July 29, 2017
Time: 8:45 am to 2:15 pm
Location: Naughton Trail Centre, 1 Denis Ave, Naughton ON.
Cost: You must be a club member and the clinic is FREE! Get your membership here.
Registration: Coming soon on Zone4
What to bring:
- Bike Helmet
- Mountain Bike – in good working condition.
- Water bottle with a cage on the bike or a hydration pack
- Snacks and Lunch
- Adequate apparel for the weather of the day (bike shorts are highly recommended!) including rain gear or some extra layers and A COMPLETE SET OF DRY CLOTHES FOR THE END OF THE DAY
- A towel for “cleaning” yourself off
- Bug repellent & Sun screen
- Hop over Obstacles
- Look ahead & Ride the Line
- Ride the narrow Plank
- Riding out of the saddle
- Climbing - Standing & Sitting
- Up and Over Obstacles
- Cornering at Speed
- Bike & Chain Cleaning & Lube
- Gear Theory and Adjustment
- Chain Repair